Thursday, September 10, 2009

Taryn's Twisted Ramblings #1

RHAPSODY SONG: Never Coming Home - Crossfade

Hmm...so, this is one of those One Hit Wonder bands that let out a really cool song. It came out a few years ago---Cold. But their Sophomore album really blew me away. They changed their style a little and found their writing niche.

I can so relate.

See...these posts do have a rhyme and a reason. VERY important first blog post, right? LOL But it's something Cari and I have been talking about a lot. So much has changed in both of our writing styles in the last year that we figure either:
a.) we totally rock as CP's and have revolutionized each other's writing
b.) we've actually been working so hard that we HAD to get better eventually.
c.) all of the above.

I'm actually going for C, to be honest. Because...well, when in doubt go with C. LOL And seriously, we've come so far in such a short time. That first email was a year ago in June. Now I can't imagine my life without her. (We often have these mutual admiration society moments, btw. Hurl quietly, please.)

So, because of my illustrious CP, I've managed to nail down a few key points. ('tis list night obviously)

  • I'm inherently lazy.
  • I love writing.
  • I hate writing.
  • I love blogging.
  • I hate blogging.
  • I love building a story.
  • I love building a story but love to make excuses about not working the story.

Sense a theme here? Ahh, the love/hate relationship. I know it and live it so well. After much lamenting...all summer, actually...stumbling through the dark a bit, and driving Cari (and my other friends) nuts, I think I've finally evened out a little.

And because I'm only happy when I'm crazy, I'm in the middle of a new project. LOL

I was hell bent for Para fiction there for a bit. I had this ridiculously huge story arc put together with world building that would do Tolkien proud for God's sake. I built it up until the story was so huge I couldn't wrap my head around anything, let alone things like--oh, stringing a usable sentence together.

So...I took a step back, pared down, and decided to go with a more simplified story. I still couldn't manage to keep it to a single title. LOL But a trilogy is much easier to deal with.

And all my peeps are without extra sensory powers. Well, unless a rockin' sex drive counts as extra sensory powers.

Emma's (current MFC) all right with that.


So Sebastian and Emma, Nick and Lexi, & Francesca (Frankie) and Jason have invaded my poor brain. And I've promised my CP that I will focus on one story and finish it--NO EXCUSES!

Emma and Bastian are my focus through October. I want to start querying agents. God, did I just actually type that? Yes, I want to think about working with an agent.

November...well. I haven't decided what's in store for my NaNoWriMo. *pants* just breathe, Taryn...Breathe, Cari.


*-*




So....here's my first blog post on Word Wenches. I spilled out all my little ugly bits. How about a few of yours? Had any aha moments lately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay :) Glad to see you both up and running. I can tell this blog will be fun, LOL. And a place where I can yell at you both at once, hehe.

Having known you since you got your CP -- I can vouch that your writing style has changed quite dramatically. I think you are right no matter how mutually admirable society-ish it is, that you both have complemented each other nicely...I can tell that from now knowing you both well. :)

As for single and finishing projects *whistles* yeah, well we all need to work on that one, but I also have to say Emma and Bastian are shaping up like gold. If you don't get an agent or something soon. I'll kick your ass as well as Cari will.

As for NanoWrimo, dear god help us all. I'm looking forward to the craziness all over again, if I am just doing it for --er fun. LOL If thats what you can call it. :)

Cari Quinn said...

Aww, T, you know I feel the same. Even when you question my brilliant, cliche riddled prose. LOL

Emma and Bastian will be fun, and yes, you will finish them. ;) SIN will be back in the forefront one of these days...it's just percolating right now.

And NaNoWriMo...not going there. Nope. Six+ weeks away, thank God.

Anonymous said...

ROTF!Yes, we're trying desperately not to think about Nov---I keep forgetting. Must be that obsessive, masochistic half of my soul.

LOL

We're all doing so well with our projects right now, it's best not to rock the boat about anything. lol


T